As my last blog post was my first blog post, I am on that steep learning curve to success! I did want to add to my more general list of items(that I mentioned last time) that you can accomplish during the wonderful 31 days of January. Being from the Deep South and living in the snowy North, I appreciate, but am not really a fan of frigid, icy, snowy weather. Other smaller, bite-sized jobs are:
- Clean out your kitchen cabinets, refrigerator and freezer. You might be surprised to see what ingredients you have on hand.
- Clean out your closets (if you didn’t do it in December, for the tax deductions). Plan your new look for the new year! I found several items in my closet that I wore when Reagan was President.
- Research and plan any upcoming household jobs, like painting, redecorating, or gardening
- Make sure important dates (birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations) are on the calendar, whether on paper or digitally.
- Plan your social events for the year, such as cookouts, parties, dates with your SO, sports events, and concerts. Looking at the calendar and planning ahead not only is for your attitude, but also for your budget. Buy season tickets.
- Plan your doctor appointments for you and your furry friends. Ditto on the budget.
- Plan your maintenance activities for the year. For us, this includes car inspections, heating and air conditioning check-ups, and spraying for bugs.
- Review all business dealings: insurance, wills, budgets, and upcoming expenses. Even if you don’t have all your tax forms yet, you can start listing your deductions and gathering your receipts.
- Clean out and throw out, a drawer at a time. Dave Ramsey has a good list of how long to keep important documents:https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/organizing-your-important-documents
Finally, read inspiring, motivational things to put you in the right mindset for the coming year. It’s easy to get drained by the holidays and the cold weather, but just as the seeds are hiding under the snow, make this a time to prepare for future fruitfulness!